About Nag Champa Incense
Nag Champa and Nag Champa Incense - India's amazing aromatic tree
Golden Champa Flowers
1. This delicate flower possesses a rich, ethereal odor that is much prized by the people of India.
2. The tree upon which it grows has glossy green leaves and towers to heights of 100 feet in a pyramidical shape. When the tree is in bloom, covered with thousands of golden fragrant blossoms, it is a sight of rare and exquisite beauty. The people of India hold the tree in such high esteem that it is often planted near temples and ashrams where its color, form and fragrance can be enjoyed by people coming into these refined environments.
3. Women in south India especially place the closed buds in their lustrous black hair and in the course of the day, the flowers open releasing their divine fragrance both for the individual to enjoy as well as those in the immediate environment. A perfume is also made from the delicate blossoms that are said to have notes of orange-flower, ylang-ylang, and tea rose.
4. Our Golden Nag Champa has been joined by the amazing Green Nag Champa. Try both to experience the subtle difference in notes. Free samples available by e-mail or with your order. A new level in Nag Champa incense.
5. Nag Champa is famous as an incense brand, but it is actually just the name of a rather exotic and distinctive perfume oil originally manufactured in the Hindu and Buddhist monasteries of India and Nepal. It's a unique floral fragrance with musky overtones...
6. It is traditionally made from a sandalwood base, to which are added a variety of flower oils - including that from the flower of the Champa tree.
7. Each monastery has its own secret formula which is revealed to no-one outside the order! The sacred tree belongs to the magnolia family and grows to about 30 meters in height. Its flower is yellow and star shaped, and as well as being the source of the perfume, also gives a yellow dye. Frequently planted in temple grounds, the wood is used for making sacred images, drums etc.
View our Nag Champa range of pure incense here: www.pure-incense.com/fragrances/golden-champa.html